Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rumi

Those who don't feel this Love

pulling them like a river,

those who don't drink dawn

like a cup of spring water

or take in sunset like supper,

those who don't want to change

Let them sleep.

This Love is beyond the study of theology,

that old trickery and hypocrisy.

If you want to improve your mind that way

Sleep on.

I've given up on my brain.

I've torn the cloth to shreds and thrown it away.

If you're not completely naked,

Wrap your beautiful robe of words around you,


And sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I have heard of the world of Love,

I have spent my life, my heart

And my eyes this way.

I used to think that love 

And Beloved are different.

I know they are the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The secret of madness is the source of reason.

A mature man is insane for Love.

The one who has his Heart together

Is a thousand times stranger to himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no salvation for the soul 

But to fall in love.

It has to creep and crawl

Among the Lovers first.

Only Lovers can escape

From these two worlds.

This was written in creation.

Only from the Heart

Can you reach the sky.

The rose of Glory

Can only be raised in the Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment